Are lingual braces worth the Trouble? Are lingual adult braces worth the trouble? As an adult, if you are unhappy with your smile, you probably know this question all too well! It can feel daunting to seek orthodontic adult treatment, whether this is your first time or you have prior experience. In this post, we’ll answer the question – Adult lingual braces worth the trouble? Let’s get cracking.
People also ask
- Are adult lingual braces painful?
- Do lingual braces take longer?
- Do lingual braces cost more?
- Are lingual braces better than Invisalign?
- In fact, if you have previously had orthodontic care, you may have some equally daunting memories of those old school metal braces everyone wore “back in the day.” Rewind a decade or two, and there were no hidden braces as a treatment option! You wore yours loud and proud or not at all.
- Today, all that has changed. If you haven’t yet heard about Incognito [Incognito] and Incognito Lite, we are delighted to be the first to introduce you! You can get adult lingual braces treatment with no one the wiser!
What Are Lingual Adult Braces?
- If you are like so many of our adult patients, you may be curious to know how it is possible to hide braces! After all, they need to be affixed to the teeth in order to work. But these new braces bear only a slight resemblance to the metal braces of our shared youth. These braces hide right out in plain sight – on the back of your teeth instead of on the front.
- Combining lightweight hardware with cutting-edge technology, Adam Schulhof will secure your braces to the backs of each tooth using a non-invasive bonding agent to hold each brace securely in its position. From there, Dr. Schulhof will make regular minute adjustments to gently yet firmly guide each tooth into alignment within your jaw, ensuring you emerge with a new bright, white, straight smile you love to show off plus healthy teeth, gums and bone for years to come.
How Is Lingual Treatment Different Than Invisalign?
- As an adult patient, you have likely been considering whether or not to try Invisalign to straighten problem areas in your teeth or bite. Invisalign is very popular also and Dr. Schulhof is a leading provider for both Invisalign and Invisalign Teen.
- Invisalign can have limitations that lingual adult braces do not in terms of the types of oral health issues (alignment, bite, jaw) it can treat and to what extent. However, for the right patient, using aligners can be a great choice. The only way to know with certainty which type of orthodontic treatment – Incognito versus Invisalign – is an ideal match for your orthodontic needs and smile goals is to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Schulhoff.
- At that time, Dr. Schulhof can evaluate your overall oral health, beginning with an oral exam and using the very latest in digital imagery and advanced computer graphics technology to evaluate the best treatment approach for your individual needs and goals.
There’s so much more…
About Customized Orthodontic Adult Treatment
A customized, individual orthodontic treatment approach throws the cookie cutter away and focuses on each patient as an utterly unique individual with singular treatment needs and goals. Dr. Adam Schulhof’s customized treatment approach takes an up-close and personal look at each of these aspects of your personalized treatment plan:
- The severity of existing bite issues.
- The extent of tooth and jaw crowding or misalignment issues.
- The need for additional technology that can correct pre-existing oral health issues.
- The recommended length of treatment to achieve ideal oral health.
- The best approach to deliver fully on your treatment goals (your perfect smile).
The benefits of taking such a personalized, customized treatment approach will only become fully apparent after your orthodontic treatment is complete.
The Benefits of Dr. Schulhoff’s Customized Treatment Approach
It is true that so many of our adult patients initially reach out to help to achieve a beautiful, straight smile. But there are so many other benefits that you get along with that lovely new smile! Here are some of the other compelling benefits our adult patients frequently mention in their post-treatment follow-up appointments:
- With an optimal bite and jaw alignment, there are no more difficulties with chewing different foods, especially hard or sticky foods.
- With optimal alignment, there is a greatly reduced need for invasive dental treatment (cavities, root canal, gingivitis, tartar and plaque buildup, gum disease).
- Chronic issues with headaches, jaw joint stiffness and pain and tooth, and gum pain are alleviated.
- Speech becomes clear after you wear any invisible braces for a short time.
Get Started With Lingual Adult Braces
If these benefits sound great to you, you are probably wondering what the first step is towards achieving your smile and oral health goals! The first step is to schedule your initial one-to-one consultation.
During your initial consultation, you will be able to share your goals for treatment in detail. Dr. Schulhof will do an oral exam of the treatment area, learn about any past orthodontic care you may have received, answer your questions and discuss your timeline for treatment. This is also your time to talk through the various treatment options that may be available to achieve your smile goals.
Depending on your individual oral health needs, Dr. Schulhof can recommend the best course of adult orthodontic treatment to achieve your personal oral health and smile goals as quickly, comfortably and economically as possible.
About Dr. Adam Schulhof, DMD
In conclusion, Orthodontist Dr. Schulhof, DMD is the founder and medical director for The Schulhof Center, one of the leading practices for orthodontic treatment for all ages in New York and New Jersey. Dr. Schulhof’s personal treatment mantra is “customization” – every patient is unique and so every patient’s treatment should be unique!
Accordingly, Doctor Schulhof is one of the leading national providers of lingual adult braces. Incognito, Incognito Lite, and lingual braces treatments. He received his education and training from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Columbia University. When not managing his busy practice, Dr. Schulhof is in demand as a lecturer, researcher, and clinical advisor.
Conventional braces supplied alongside the lingual braces process are:
- Traditional braces
- Ceramic braces
- Invisalign invisible aligners
Finally, to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Adam Schulhof, DMD, visit us online. For virtually invisible adult lingual braces expertise, there is no one better to make good your smile. We always impress our patients with advanced orthodontics.
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation.
New Jersey Office
400 Kinderkamack Rd.
Oradell, NJ 07649
Lingual Adult Braces in 2020 | WHAT IT MEANS | AMAZING FACTS